Thursday, August 5, 2021

Gender Non-Conforming Butterfly Wants to 'Emancipate Men from the Shackles of Heteropatriarchy'

Gender Non-Conforming Butterfly Wants to 'Emancipate Men from the Shackles of Heteropatriarchy'
Courtney Kirchoff - August 05, 2021 at 12:37PM


Alok Menon doesn't actually identify as a butterfly. As far as I'm aware. I simply saw how colorful Alok was and a butterfly came to mind. Think of it as a compliment cocooned in an insult, or vice versa, whatever way you swing. Alok recently appeared on The Man Enough podcast to test the limits of irony. Shortly thereafter, our super fair and not at all inconsistent friends over at YouTube promoted this clip on Twitter, wherein Alok uses the phrase "emancipate men from the shackles of heteropatriarchy" and that's when I applied heat to my butter knife so I might spread this content on my bread.

You'll need to watch this multiple times. I've cycled through at least five playings so I could fully absorb the deep messages. Yes, I have the episode the clip came from ready to watch in its entirety, but I suspect more context won't make it better.

Courtney's personal opinion is that people who want us to know they're non-binary simply lack personalities and/or accomplishments. They're boring. Rather than trying to grow a sense of humor, learn to play an instrument, take up cross-stitch, the horrendously boring among us say they're non-conforming to gender, thereby effortlessly becoming something that sets them apart from the mediocre masses from which they came.

I can at least respect people who are gay or lesbian. They've chosen a side. Same to the transgender community. You're a bro who wants to be a chick, or a chick who wishes for a dick. You made a choice. I might disagree with the choice, but I respect one was made. I feel similarly about liberals versus moderates. Take a stand and BE SOMETHING.

But to base your identity on being nothing, that's where I shake my head in harsh judgement. The gender non-binary also have their own versions of MadLibs for the woke. How else can you explain the hodgepodge of gender ideas here, moshed together like Alok's hair color choices. It used to just be "patriarchy" but now it's "heteropatriarchy." I see what you did there, Alok.

I don't need to use academic words to refute what Alok garbled together to sound smarter than Alok probably is. The reason for gender roles is largely because they work. Men like to be men and do men things, women like to be women and do women things. Together men and women have supported each other for all of human history. Have they done so perfectly? No, and they never will because people will never be perfect. But men and women being men and women together has served us rather well on the whole. As proof I simply point to the species existing.

Here's the kicker though, and you don't need to wear a dress if you're a man or a suit if you're a woman to say it: if the gender roles don't work for you personally, then don't adopt them for yourself. Much to the chagrin of the personality-deprived, there actually isn't any written rule that says you must conform. Sure, each side of the political spectrum has its ideas of what a man or woman should be, but there again you're still free to say "Nah, Imma be me, thanks." No need to tear anything down. No shackles to be broken. No need to redefine maleness and femaleness.

Yes, it's that simple.

Before we go though, I need for us to review exactly the kind of person Alok here is, because for Alok and people who think similarly, it's not enough to go your own way, you need to suck people into the depravity vortex with you.

Whatever gender you decide, just leave children alone. People spend a fraction of their lives being kids. They have the rest of their lives to be adults. Leave them be, allow them the few years they have to be un-sexualized and untarnished by a cruel world which will inevitably swallow them whole as it does everyone else. Allowing children their few years of innocence should be common ground, but here we are, arguing against a buffoon who wants them sexualized.

Also, when did puffy sleeves make a return? Does not knowing fashion and being a woman make me non-conforming? Is that how this works?!

Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!



from Steven Crowder Says