Saturday, November 6, 2021

New Jersey Teen Trounces Incumbent in School Board Race. He Only Graduated in 2020.

New Jersey Teen Trounces Incumbent in School Board Race. He Only Graduated in 2020.
Joseph Gunderson - November 06, 2021 at 08:20AM


There are innumerable reasons to disdain the public school system, and where some, like myself, believe it should be torn up by the roots, others would rather work to change them for the better, and I applaud them for their efforts. After an entire year of almost complete distance learning—which was pushed and prolonged almost entirely by the teachers' unions—one student decided he would attempt to start making those changes.

After graduating in 2020, Nicholas Seppy, a graduate of Egg Harbor Township High School, ran against one of the school board members who had allowed the schools in his district to remain locked down. At only 19 years old, Seppy handily attained victory over his incumbent opponent, Terre Alabarda, by 17 points.

It must be a year for underdogs in New Jersey elections. Maybe Seppy and Durr can give some pointers to some other newcomers, everyday people who don't like what they're seeing in our country. New blood might go a long way to removing power from the same old, haggard faces who've been in power since Jesus walked the earth.

What's more impressive than a young man beating out an incumbent? How about doing so and also being a class act about it? Upon his victory Seppy put out the following statement:

My passion for the community of Egg Harbor Township is entirely everlasting, I aspire to set a positive example for our district. EHT shall have an excellent reputation, in both our standard of education and our efficient process of our budget.

I would like to thank all who have supported me over these past two years, without you none of this would have ever been possible. I would also like to thank my opponent, Ms. Terre Alabarda, for running a strong and fair election.

To all of Egg Harbor Township, I love you and will do my absolute best to represent you for many years to come!!

I would not have been so mature about it. I'm sure, at only 19, I would have included some expletives at a minimum. So, I must hand it to the kid, and I hope he follows through on those promises and makes worthwhile changes during his tenure. Perhaps he can address the many problems parents have been rightfully upset about. I'm sure he'll do well.

Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!

from Steven Crowder Says