Monday, October 5, 2020

Chris Pratt Made a Joke About Celebrity Virtue Signalling Over Voting, and the Left is TRIGGERED!

Chris Pratt Made a Joke About Celebrity Virtue Signalling Over Voting, and the Left is TRIGGERED!
Brodigan - October 05, 2020 at 12:18PM


It's been a minute since we had a good Chris Pratt post. For a while, I prided myself on being LwC Senior @PrattPrattPratt Correspondent (see CHRIS PRATT: 'I ONLY EAT WHAT I KILL.' VEGANS FREAK... and CHRIS PRATT'S SHOCKS MTV MOVIE AWARDS AUDIENCE: GOD IS REAL). But our favorite actor has been quiet for a bit. I'm sure farming, having kids, and counting money can sometimes get in the way of posting on social media. But he did find the time to encourage you to vote...for the movie Onward for a People's Choice Award.

Dude.

Just ask any celebrity. They will tell you. Every day. Several times a day. To vote. But me? I will tell you EXACTLY who to vote for. Vote for #Onward for family movie of the year. Or else. You WILL die. No hyperbole.

Look, it's easy to assume any celebrity who isn't a full blown leftist douche is conservative. I'm sure Pratt is about as conservative as Joe Rogan is, in that he gives the illusion of being conservative just by not being a virtue signalling asshole like so many others in the entertainment industry. Whether or not this was a statement about celebrity or just a little self deprecating humor to promote a movie, the left is of course TRIGGERED over it. Here's a smattering of comments from the Instagram post, with a forecast of full blown social media outrage by day's end.

I get this is supposed to be a cute little joke but it comes off as really insensitive.

Read the room. Oh wait you did and decided to mock people.

YIKES. Imagine the amount of privilege one person can have to write this tone-deaf post.

Will he be forced to issue an apology? He hasn't in the past, but 2020 is a weird year. I just wish he would have spoken out about all the social media platforms being a little to thirsty about registering. Every. Time. You. Log. On. Celebrities don't bother me. They do this every four years. But seriously Facebook and Instagram, you need a "I've been registered to vote for twenty-seven years so shut the f*** up already" button.

from Steven Crowder Says