Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Heartbreaking: Nursing Home Residents Protest Restrictions, Would Rather 'Die of COVID' Than Loneliness

Heartbreaking: Nursing Home Residents Protest Restrictions, Would Rather 'Die of COVID' Than Loneliness
Brodigan - October 13, 2020 at 08:01AM


In these trying times, I find it best to start off with a silver lining whenever I can. So it here goes: At least this post about a nursing home isn't about the blood on the hands of Governor Chris' Idiot Brother (see WITH JUST A FEW TWEETS, CNN'S JAKE TAPPER EXPOSED THE TRUTH ABOUT ANDREW CUOMO AND COVID-19 and REPORT: NEW YORK'S COVID RELATED NURSING HOME DEATHS ARE WORSE THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT). That's the best I can muster when we're talking about nursing home residents staging a protest over tyrannical 'rona regulations. Because, and I quote, they would rather die of COVID than of loneliness.

"They want to be able to hug their grandchildren, they want to be able to hold the hands of their loved ones."

Honestly, I'm a little at a loss for what to say here. I can't imagine the pain of knowing you're looking a the last few years of your life and are being told you have to spend them alone and without your family, because a virus no one seems to understand might make you sick. For a lot of elderly people in these care centers, the visits from their families are all they have. And they're being told they can't have it any more "for their own good," without any concern over what they want or how they want to live out the rest of their lives.

I understand that unlike over 99% of Americans, the elderly are at risk of dying from the virus. I fail to see how that is worse than being told you aren't allowed to see or feel the touch of your loved ones for what could be the rest of your life anyway. Given the options, if it were me, after having living my best life for the past 70 or 80 years, I'll take the visit from the grandchildren and trust in what God has planned next.

Whitmer's COVER-UP: Here are the numbers... | #WhitmerDeathToll | Louder With Crowder youtu.be

Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.



from Steven Crowder Says