Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Robbie Coltrane Defends J.K. Rowling, Jabs Wimpy Outrage Mob

Robbie Coltrane Defends J.K. Rowling, Jabs Wimpy Outrage Mob
Courtney Kirchoff - September 15, 2020 at 12:37PM


The setup: Robbie Coltrane is the actor who portrayed Hagrid in the Harry Potter films. Just in case you've been living in a muggle world for the past 20 years. J.K. Rowling has recently stated reasonable takes on the transgender movement. Mainly that men are men, women are women, transmen are not men, transwomen are not women, but can't we all just be nice to each other. Such reasonable opinions have caused the unreasonable on social media to launch campaigns against Rowling for not perfectly adhering to today's leftist dogma. Most recently it's been reported Rowling's new book features a villain who crossdresses as a lady. Prompting the hashtag #RIPJKRowling on Twitter. Woke leftists are just the sweetest. Coming to her defense were not the three actors who got their careers started by J.K. Rowling, but veteran Robbie Coltrane. Who said this:

"I don't think what she said was offensive really. I don't know why but there's a whole Twitter generation of people who hang around waiting to be offended.

Um that's it exactly. Also an entire generation that's never performed a heavy deadlift, but that's a rant for another time. Ah who am I kidding, that's a rant I have once a day.

"They wouldn't have won the war, would they? That's me talking like a grumpy old man, but you just think, 'Oh, get over yourself. Wise up, stand up straight and carry on.'"

AMEN. Not everyone in the world needs to think exactly like you do. There's not a person in my life, now, then or ever, who will think exactly like me. Heck. I hold different positions now than I did five or ten years ago. It's called being HUMAN.

I must get off the soap box soon, the all caps are rolling through.

"I don't want to get involved in all of that because of all the hate mail and all that s***, which I don't need at my time of life".

Already poor Robbie Coltrane has to prepare for the hate mail. I'd suggest staying offline for a few days and living life like a normal person. Without social media.

What got this whole Rowling "scandal" started was her mocking a tweet which said "people who menstruate." Which is a mockable phrase. Only women menstruate. Period.

See what I did there? I should be sorry and yet I'm not.

At no point has Rowling even hinted that transgender people are anything but deserving of basic human decency and respect. But according to the left, of which Jo Rowling is a card-carrying member, not perfectly adhering to the current LGBT dogma is HATE!

Kudos to Robbie Coltrane for adding to the side of reason and polite discord. Kudos to Rowling who's still showing zero signs of backing down to the mob. Methinks the lady doth have no more effs to give.

from Steven Crowder Says