Tuesday, July 27, 2021

'We Should Be Humbled': CBS Roots for America to Fail at the Olympics

'We Should Be Humbled': CBS Roots for America to Fail at the Olympics
Brodigan - July 27, 2021 at 08:46AM


I'm old enough to remember when the left attacked conservatives for "rooting against America" in the Olympics. I'm old enough to remember that because it was last week. The permaoffended woke women's soccer team, led by Victoria's Secret supermodel Megan Rapinoe, got embarrassed in the first round. Conservatives laughed as we do anytime someone gets woke and goes broke. Liberals in the media called that "rooting against America." Wrong. It's laughing at idiots.

This FROM the liberal media is rooting against America. CBS This Morning had an entire segment of how America needs to be humbled. Specifically, according to former New York Times columnist (imagine that) William Rhoden. (h/t Newsbusters)

I think we should be humbled. You know, I mean, this whole last year in this country — it's about entitlement and privilege. Nobody epitomizes that more than basketball.

Wrong. Nothing epitomizes "entitlement" and "privilege" more than elitist nincompoops lecturing Americans over how horrible we are. All basketball epitomizes is a constant reminder LeBron James will never be as good as Michael Jordan. And that the 2021 Olympic Team is no 1992 Dream Team. If this whole last year was about anything, it was about learning what happens when Americans allow the government to take away too many freedoms. That, and if it was really worth voting for Joe Biden because he didn't tweet mean things. Neither has anything to do with the Olympics.

I love the opening ceremonies. Then I realized after the last four years, I had it wrong ... I keep thinking back on the Capitol riots, and I saw a lot of, you know, U.S. flags. So now when I see the flag and the flag raised, what — what, what, what America am I living in?

Imagine my surprise. A liberal reporter hates the American Flag. The same American Flag a transgender athlete wanted to burn if zi won a gold medal. Also, the same American Flag that Cuban protesters trying to escape communism fly as a symbol of freedom. Maybe it's the "symbol of freedom" part CBS This Morning has a problem with. I say everyone on the show, because I didn't hear anyone push back on such a ridiculous statement.

These Olympics should be a time of soul searching and winning sometimes is antithetic to soul searching.

These Olympics are a time of rubbing our American superiority in the faces of the planet. People in the mainstream media find Americans winning makes them sad and emotional. Talking heads running their faceholes over how our country winning gets in the way of their soul searching is why so many Americans think the media are failures at their jobs and suck at life.

I'm won't pretend I'm watching the events. I'm not someone who feigns interest every four years in things like synchronized swimming, equestrian events, or soccer. I am however going to count up how many gold medals we won at the end. Compare that number to all the gold medals other countries didn't win. Then look at all the American flags hanging up in my neighborhood and chant "USA! USA! USA!"

I want America to win, always. CBS This Morning, not so much.

Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!

CLOWN Trevor Noah Doesn't Understand Sports or Gender! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be



from Steven Crowder Says