Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Hilaria Baldwin Indicates People Who Thought She was Spanish were 'Confused.' Here's Video of Alec Imitating her Spanish Accent!

Hilaria Baldwin Indicates People Who Thought She was Spanish were 'Confused.' Here's Video of Alec Imitating her Spanish Accent!
Courtney Kirchoff - December 30, 2020 at 03:16PM


Sorry to interrupt your year end round-ups of the Top This and Thats of 2020, but we have to talk about Hilaria Baldwin and her esposo Alec. Since I'm 36, it's hard for me to summon the craps necessary to know about every who's who in the Hollywood Zoo. But it's come to the attention of social media and news outlets that Alec Baldwin's wife isn't Spanish. I didn't even know her name was HIlaria, so the "news" senora Baldwin isn't Spanish didn't really register with me until I learned she's pretended to be Spanish for several years. In a new piece from The New York Times, Hilaria says: "Today we have an opportunity to clarify for people who have been confused — and have been confused in some ways by people misrepresenting me," in reference to people thinking she was Spanish. Possibly including her husband?

From The New York Times:

For days now, the internet and the news media have dogged her, sharing evidence of Ms. Baldwin speaking in a Spanish accent in this video but not that one, of fluffy magazine spreads in ¡Hola! that cite her as a native Spanish speaker, of a "Today" show clip showing her making gazpacho and asking Telemundo's Evi Sisko what the English word for cucumbers is and of a biography posted on the website of Creative Artists Agency, the talent organization, that said she was born in Mallorca, Spain.

This seems like a good enough place as any to drop this little nugget:

"My wife is from Spain." Funny. I was born in California but I feel like I'm from Madagascar.

Here's more from the senora:

"The things I have shared about myself are very clear," Ms. Baldwin said. "I was born in Boston. I spent time in Boston and in Spain. My family now lives in Spain. I moved to New York when I was 19 years old and I have lived here ever since. For me, I feel like I have spent 10 years sharing that story over and over again. And now it seems like it's not enough."

"I have spent the last ten years sharing that story over and over again." Interesting, as I have another Alec video where he imitates his wife's accent. Maybe he's not listening, or maybe Hilaria isn't being entirely forthcoming with the truth.

Listen, is this whole Hilaria Baldwin story kind of stupid? Yes, and minus the kind of. But here's where we have to ask ourselves what would happen if, say, Ted Cruz's wife had done the same. Would the New York Times have seemingly run to Mrs. Cruz's defense or accused her of gross cultural appropriation? You already know the answer. This is what we call a "rhetorical question."

How do you think media would've responded to all the clips of Ted Cruz imitating his wife's fake Spanish accent? Right.

Imagine if I used a British accent for the past ten years and then suddenly didn't. Then pretended everyone else was crazy. I feel like that's what happened here. I believe this kind of practice is what we call "gaslighting." So many new vocabulary terms, am I right? Someone translate these terms into espanol for Senora Baldwin, muy rapido.

Alec Baldwin's Wife Hilary The Fake Spaniard COMPILATION youtu.be


The internet is forever, Alec and Hillary. It didn't end so well for Ross Gellar, either.

Friends - HD - The British Accent youtu.be

Happy New Year, all!



from Steven Crowder Says