Monday, December 21, 2020

Tulsi Gabbard Unloads on 'Heartless Bureaucrats' Approving Vaccine for Congress Before the Elderly

Tulsi Gabbard Unloads on 'Heartless Bureaucrats' Approving Vaccine for Congress Before the Elderly
Brodigan - December 21, 2020 at 12:49PM


The blog post you are about to read contains no hot takes about vaccinations. Nor does it question the science of the coronavirus vaccine. Calm your tits, "fact" "checkers" and other Facebook-employed weirdos. I mean, I could point out how the goalposts already appear on the move. Or how not all experts are being guided by actual science. Not today. Let's focus on how we have two vaccines thanks entirely (allegedly) to Donald Trump's leadership. Because there seems to be a question of who gets the vaccine first.

There are some who feel the vaccine should go to the most vulnerable. As in, at the people most at risk of dying. The CDC has a different idea and a confusing tiered system. Yes, some old folks are on the list. Health care workers too. We can agree that makes sense. The issue is where younger, not-at-risk elected officials jump the line. One might be motivated to call the decision one guided by "politics" instead of "science." Rep. Tulsi Gabbard just thinks it's bad policy.

Members of Congress like me, we can get the vaccine before at-risk seniors can. People like my aunt who is imprisoned in her own home because of the danger that if she catches the disease, she could die.

This is immoral and bad health policy. I planned to take the vaccine but will now stand in solidarity with our seniors by not doing so until they can. I urge my colleagues in Congress who are under the age of 65 and healthy to join me.

Here's the thing. I can understand the president and vice president, both of the "sitting" and "-elect" variety, getting the vaccine. If the concern is sending a message to Americans that the vaccine is safe, the four of them should be enough. Particularly the vice president-elect. Everyone else in Washington, D.C., getting needles stuck in their arms for photo ops? One can understand the anger among us little people there. I can think of a list of people who should get the vaccine first. On it is most of America in age order before any elected official.

Personally, I'm okay with waiting my turn. I'll save that conversation for my family physician. He won't deplatform me for asking questions.

from Steven Crowder Says