Saturday, March 20, 2021

Actor Brilliantly Mocks Cancel Culture with 'Apology' for 'Offending Ants'

Actor Brilliantly Mocks Cancel Culture with 'Apology' for 'Offending Ants'
Brodigan - March 20, 2021 at 09:03AM


When cancel culture comes for you, there are two ways to handle it: The Cara Dune way, or the Mumford and Sons way. The Cara Dune way is where you tell haters where to stick their hashtags. You sign a deal with someone else and prepare to throw your comeback into people's faces. The Mumford and Sons way is where you tweet the wrong author that you like his book and must beg for forgiveness. Even claiming you need to take a LEAVE OF ABSENCE from your band to reflect on the hurt you caused. This video from British actor James Dreyfus takes the piss out of the Mumford and Sons way.

When you apologize to the outrage mob, this is what you look like to normies.

Last night, I made defamatory and derogatory comments to the ant community. I also liked a tweet belonging to Ant-Eaters Anonymous. I would like to extend my deepest apology to ants everywhere. I shall be removing myself to my bedroom to inwardly reflect on my behavior and realize the damage it did - literally - to ants everywhere. Literally. I will also be making a sizeable donation to my niece's ant farm.

End of statement.

What really sells it is the excessive use of the word "literally." If he would have said the "pissant community," he would have literally been talking about the people who troll what tweets and Instagram posts famous people have liked.

I had a good chuckle, but then I got to thinking. Let's say an actor or someone in the public eye did in fact disrespect ants on Twitter. Or accidentally liked a tweet from a RAID Max Supremacy group. There would be people on Twitter who were outraged by it. Culture bloggers would be contacting the actor, their management, and any past producer they worked with for comment. Anything short of firing the perpetrator would mean that YOU endorse this anti-ant rhetoric.

It actually makes for a good philosophical question. When the ant community comes for you, what will you do? Beg for forgiveness? Or stand your ground? The choice belongs to you.

from Steven Crowder Says