Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Dave Chappelle Was Concerned About Kanye's Meltdown Too, so He Paid Him a Visit ...

Dave Chappelle Was Concerned About Kanye's Meltdown Too, so He Paid Him a Visit ...
Brodigan - July 21, 2020 at 01:22PM


You may have noticed Kanye West having a meltdown on Monday. If you missed it, good job staying off the grid. I envy you. I wish I could be you. But for the rest of us who have any access to electricity or broadband, we knew about the (alleged) meltdown and everyone's hot takes on it (see KANYE WEST SINGS "JESUS WALKS" WITH JAMES CORDON, SHARES MORE ABOUT HIS FAITH and ACTRESS DEBRA MESSING TRIES 'WHITESPLAINING' BLACK VOTERS TO A BLACK VOTER). If you were concerned about him, you were not alone. Ye's friend Dave went out of his way to travel to Kanye to check in on him.

His friend Dave Chappelle.

The main reason this stuck out to me is because as I was following the past 48 hours in the life of Kanye West, I thought about this Chappelle clip from an old episode of Inside the Actors Studio.

I don't know what is going on with Kanye, how much of this is legit, or how much of this is all publicity for new music. It's the entertainment industry. Besides being sick, it's also vapid, and everyone is trying to work an angle or run some kind of hustle. What I do know is that it's not just entertainers who can't deal. Kanye could easily have been a friend or family member. The moral here is to not be afraid to reach out when you think someone you care about might need someone to reach out to them. That's what Chappelle did here. Unless it's all part of the album launch, but he seemed like more "Dave" and less "Chappelle" in the video. So I think he was legit just concerned about his friend.

Mostly, I miss the good old days where you could tweet about listening to Kanye and not have it be viewed as a political statement. I was working out the other day to Watch the Throne, the album he did with Jay-Z. It's still solid.

from Steven Crowder Says