Thursday, February 18, 2021

Flashback: Rush Limbaugh's Legendary CPAC Speech, 'Who We Conservatives Are ...'

Flashback: Rush Limbaugh's Legendary CPAC Speech, 'Who We Conservatives Are ...'
Brodigan - February 18, 2021 at 06:39AM


Liberals reacted to Rush Limbaugh's passing the way you would expect them to. Which, as I'm sure Rush himself would agree, meh. "You're not going to believe the vile things liberals said." Actually, I'm sure I would believe they said it. So would Rush. He'd most likely laugh them off. Though it did remind me of my first time hearing Rush. ACTUALLY listening to Rush, as opposed to what the drive-by media took out of context. It was Rush's "Address to the Nation" at the 2009 CPAC.

I was always a Republican (grew up under Reagan), but I was a northeast Republican. I believed many of the stereotypes leftists pushed about "conservatives" because they were all I knew. So one Saturday afternoon, I decided to actually listen to what Rush had to say. The whole hour-long address to the nation is worth your time. This is the part where he explains who conservatives really are.

When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups. We don't see victims. We don't see people we want to exploit. What we see, what we see is potential. ...

We want every American to be the best he or she chooses to be. ...

We don't want to tell anybody how to live. ...

We're all different. There are no two things or people in this world who are created in a way that they end up with equal outcomes. That's up to them. They are created equal, given the chance.

Later that year I got involved in my local YRs. Attended Glenn Beck's 9/12 march. Went to the 2010 CPAC, where one of the keynote speakers was a young Marco Rubio. Was introduced to a young Steven Crowder. Caused a commotion in the bloggers' lounge when I said Keith Olbermann was in the lobby (it was actually Crowder doing an Olbermann impersonation). A decade later, I find myself working in conservative media. A conservative media that was created by Rush Limbaugh.

I owe it all to Rush because we all owe it all to Rush. All it took was a little curiosity to hear what the man ACTUALLY said versus what leftists claim he said.

from Steven Crowder Says